Caleb was established in 2008 by two young dynamic black females who have been in the field of rural development since 1993.
Our vision is to see that women and young women on farms and rural communities enjoy their righs as enshrined in our constitution and are respected and treated with dignity.
Our mission is to promote the value of learning, self-worth amongst women farm workers and the youth in order to participate meaningful in their society ad therefore effect sustainable community improvement.
Our goal is to to educate and empower women about their rights to be free from all forms of discrimination – whether in the house or workplace – and create sustained awareness of strategies to address the impacts of discrimination against women.
We offer a rance of services, including but not limited to the following:
- Facilitation and coordination of training and assessments
- Developing workshop, training and teaching materials for communities, NGO’s and other institutions
- Development of training material aligned to SAQA and NQF requirements
- Designing, planning and running workshops and training programmes and interventions
- Translations of workshop material
- Legal and human rights research, with a special emphasis on transformation and access to justice.
- Labour law
- Personal development
- Community development
- Gender and development
- Women’s sexual and reproductive health
- Gender based violence
- Substance abuse
- Counselling skills
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Life orientation
- Meeting skills / Committee training
- Youth and leadership development
- Conflict resolution
- Empowerment counselling
- Institutional capacity building